2017 Pastoral Internship
First Presbyterian Church of Palo Alto, California is pleased to announce that we will be accepting applications for our Pastoral Internship Program in early 2017.
One selected intern will work with our congregation from August 15, 2017, until June 15, 2018.
The stipend will be $25,000 annualized with housing provided by the church at no cost to the interns.
More information about the responsibilities of the internship can be found by reading through our Internship Committee Handbook. Prospective interns should also review our website to learn more about our community of faith.
The First Presbyterian Church of Palo Alto, California is:
- a progressive Christian community of faith where preaching is scripturally based, messages are personally and socially relevant, and music is rich and uplifting. Our varied worship services renew us and empower us to respond to the needs of God’s good creation.
- a vibrant teaching community, providing a wide array of classes, forums, and lectureships that are accessible, engaging , and challenging to our Christian faith and daily lives.
- a place of hospitality and hope that demonstrates, through a multitude of small group ministries and larger events, that we value deep personal relationships within and across generations and orientations.
- an active and attentive community where the social Gospel inspires and empowers us to reflect and act upon God’s call for justice, equity, and compassion—in our community, in our nation, and in the world.
- a community of faith that supports and sustains families in the midst of their faith journeys through dynamic, participatory programs of learning, friendship, and outreach.
- a faith community that strives to make our facilities environmentally sustainable, and, through the hosting of public events and the housing of social service agencies, attempts to address an array of community needs and issues.